When we introduced the Discover Your Wings stamp set in the TE Giving Tree program, we mentioned that not only would Taylored Expressions donate $7 from the sale of each set to the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation, but that we would also be hosting a card drive to benefit the Neo-natal Unit at Sanford Medical Center in Sioux Falls SD. Taylor has both a very good friend and a sister-in-law who work as labor and delivery nurses at SMC where they use the dragonfly as a symbol of hope for families who have lost a child during delivery or in the early stages of life and they have requested hand-made cards featuring dragonfly images. This was one of the driving forces behind the design of Discover Your Wings.
And now we need your help. Would you consider making and donating some cards that feature a dragonfly? You may use stamps from any company - they do not need to be from TE. As a thank you for participating Taylor will enter your name into a drawing for a $50 gift certificate to the TE Store. Here are the details:
- Create cards (1 or as many as you'd like) that feature a dragonfly image (from ANY stamp company.) Sentiments can be things such as "thinking of you" and inspirational quotes or they can be blank.
- If your cards are standard A2 size (4.25" x 5.5") Taylored Expressions will provide the envelopes. If your cards are any other size then we ask that you please send a blank envelope along with each card donation.
- The more entries we receive, the more prizes there will be. Taylored Expressions will give away 1 $50 Gift Certificate for every 50 cards we receive. So - there will be one GC given if we receive 99 cards or less. For 100 - 149 we will give 2 gift certificates, for 150 - 199 there will be 3 gift certificates and so on.
- You will be entered into the drawing once for EACH card you send in with no limit. The more entries, the better your chance to win.
- Mail your donations to:
Taylored Expressions Card Drive 924 NW 33rd Street
Ankeny, IA 50023
- Cards must be received no later than March 25th.
Now for a little info about the card I made for the card drive: I used Taylor’s sketch challenge (TESC101) at left. The paper I used is Basic Grey lemonade and prism cardstock in Island Mist Light and Baby Pink Medium. I added stardust stickles to my dragonfly and the card came together real quickly! Hope you can join us in brightening the lives of these parents who are burdened with the unexpected loss of one of the greatest joys in life.